Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday cooking at 8 a.m.

Today I feel a lot like my granma. It's 8:15 and I have already started today's lunch.
Well, it wasn't such a big ordeal, since our lunch will be broth. I washed some veggies, put it in the pressure cooker with the meat and water, and now I am sitting and waiting for it to come to a boil. It will be eaten with tortellini.


By the way, there is this nice "tradition" here at the farmer's market: after all has been paid, you can ask for "broth flavors": carrots, celery and parsley (and basil if it's on season) are given the customer for free! So, basically, in the pot above, I paid for the meat and onion.
Now, coming back to granma. Her Sunday lunches were much more elaborate for sure. She'd make rag├╣, handmade pasta or gnocchi, or polenta if it was winter, and have us all for lunch. I loved when I could see the whole process.
I have a bit lost this tradition, but try to make something pleasant anyway...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails