Random stuff


I have been away so long, that I have no idea where to start... So, here is some random stuff I have been up to:
  • First and most important, we have a little baby girl coming in April! Everything is fine until now for both of us, and we picked the name, but it'll be a secret until she's here, to avoid comments, especially from relatives. Little baby isn't here yet, but has been deciding most of our menus since about September: no meat for me, lots of soups (she has a soft spot for leek cream), grape and tangerines, but she loves other fruits too! I am at that awkward stage when I don't fit most of my normal clothes, but I am too small for maternity pants and skirts. I went shopping at H&M out of frustration anyway, and they have some cute maternity stuff!
  • And I haven't shopped for little baby yet. Guess I am waiting for the sales in January.
  • I have decided to fix a small Thanksgiving dinner, tomorrow, just for husband and me. I picked recipes from Saveur, I think, and will see how it goes. I am making turkey cutlets, obviously not a whole turkey!
  • My sister had a cool idea for Christmas (see picture above): instead of buying presents to each other, we just donate to a charity we like. Besides the anti-consumerism aspect that I love, there is also less hassle for the finding of the perfect gift. And since little 4yo niece is excluded, I bought her present from UNICEF anyway.
That's more or less all for now. Hope to be more present in the future...

Comments

Congratulations to you and your husband!! That is such great news!!!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!