Friday, July 15, 2011
My first Fashion Beauty Friend Friday!
Today I am taking part in my first Fashion Friend Beauty Friday, created by Katy Rose at Modly Chic. This week's questions were inspired by one of her posts.
1. As a someone who writes/blogs about fashion, have you placed yourself into some sort of blogging category?
Not really. I post outfits and sometimes some thoughts on fashion, but I think I am far from being a "fashion blogger".
2. What keeps you from or encourages you to label yourself as a certain kind of blogger?
I started this blog just to write whatever came to my mind, stuff that was happening, thoughts I had in a specific moment. A creative place to be myself, I guess. I still want this place to contain everything that is "me", whithout limiting it to a particular cathegory.
3. When picking blogs to read and follow are you drawn to ones that indicate a certain group or way of thinking/being?
I find myself more and more drawn to blogs about "normal people" - which means, people I can relate to, who have lives comparable to mine, with whom I have something in common. I don't go seeking a particular cathegory, but I read a lot of fashion and cooking blogs, plus some "general life" ones.
4. Do you think there are benefits in labeling yourself or others?
It's very comfortable: everything seems safer and under control if you can put it in a specific "box". But life and people are much more varied than a label, a label is limiting. I think nobody can really define his/herself only by one or several labels. We are many "things" at once.
5. Agree or Disagree - We're all just people; we don't need all the labels.
Definitely agree. The world is more fun and free without labels!