Heat Waves - IFB project #6

The new IFB project is about the heat wave. The question is: what do you do to escape the heat?
Well, the straight answer is - nothing. This year we had about 3 days of real heat, and we are in Central Italy, in July!

But I have accumulated years of experience, having lived in Rome too, so here's what I do:
  • Always have water with me. Always!
  • Avoid eating heavy, greasy foods. They don't settle well with me during summer. I usually have something that doesn't require much cooking, mostly in the form of salads. Pasta, or rice, or meat, or fish salads. I should do a summer salad series on my cooking blog, whenever I remember to take pictures of my dinners...

  • Eat lots of beautiful summer fruits! They'll show their goodness on your skin too!

  • Wear light pretty dresses and skirts! (I am lucky I can wear tank tops even at work, since I have to wear a lab coat and nobody is seeing my clothes...)



  • Ice cream!
  • When it's really hot I put my feet in a bowl full of water and ice cubes. It's really refreshing.
  • And I use some refreshing gel on my legs.
  • As soon as I can, I go to the beach! Never in the hot hours though. And I spend a lot of time in the water if it's really hot.
  • My drink of choice, besides water, is cold white wine.
Note - I drink wine about two or three times a week, and less than half a glass. Too much alcohol will make you suffer the heat more.

Comments

It is so over 38 degrees in Toronto and impossible to be outside for more than 10 minutes. I definitely agree, water is the best source to beat the heat :)

Sincerely,
♥ Marta from With Love...
Anonymous said…
I have been drinking cold white wine a lot too! Just a glass to cool down and beat the heat.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!