My outfit and a challenge!


Sweater – Ruggiero
Skirt – Klixs
Tights – Calzedonia
Boots – Frau
Necklace – Target


I wore this to run errands, such as find a nice present for my niece’s second birthday – that was difficult!
The sweater and tights are not the same exact shade of violet, but I decided I don’t care as long as they don’t clash together – besides, there is the skirt to separate them and make the difference in color less noticeable.

This is a detail of the necklace, which I bought at Target about 6 years ago. It has a vintage-y feeling, so I keep wearing it even if two black “stones” fell out. May be this adds to the vintage feeling?


On another note: Kendi of Kendi Everyday is starting another 30 for 30 challenge (check it out, if you want to participate you are still on time, it starts on Feb 1st!)
I had thought to give it a try, then realized my closet doesn’t really count much more than 30 things. May be 35-38? And the stuff I have inside is stuff I love, or I have loved, and it would make me sad to exclude 5 or 6 of these items from my clothing rotation for the next month
So I decided on another challenge for the month of February. I know I have several “forgotten loves”, which, for a reason or another I never get to wear. My task for the month of February will be to incorporate at least two items a week in my outfits. Whatever doesn’t get worn, or doesn’t make me feel beautiful once worn, has to go.
Usually when I want to get rid of clothes, first I show them to my mom and sisters, then whatever they don’t pick goes to charity. Lately my sister F got 2 pairs of Killah jeans and a pair of Max Mara pants which were too large for me, so she can consider herself lucky!

Let’s see how it goes: I went to my closet for a short check, and I already have some ideas on how/when to incorporate some of these items.

Comments

Alessandra said…
Good for you for trying your own challenge. It will be fun to see what you come up with.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!