Ramblings

There is this colleague, at work, with whom I talk a lot.
We have pretty different ways to look at life: he thinks, somehow like Shopenhauer, that happiness is just a short episode between two painful moments... I, on the other side, think that your life is what you make of it. That you should try to follow your dreams (as trite as this may seem), see and appreciate the beauty in the most unexpected places, and if something is wrong, just go and change it!
I couldn't live thinking I am here to suffer...
And I don't think it depends on life experiences either: I know he has been through some hard times, but I have too, and if I think about it all, I realize I am a pretty strong person.
Besides, I find more and more women to be stronger than men. Much stronger...

Just some birthday ramblings to try to put some order in my thoughts.

Comments

Kate said…
Is today your birthday? Happy Birthday!

I agree, women do tend to be stronger. If you go through life thinking there is sorrow around the corner you will miss out on the beauty right in front of you.
A said…
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day.
Leanna said…
Definitive agreement on my end...I think women in general are able to process and compartmentalize far better: emotions, physical pain, stress, etc...

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!