Morning thoughts...

I don't know why I am so pensive when I am on the bus. May be it's the nice view, the warm, fuzzy feeling, or the music I listen to...
This morning I had a thought about Middle Age, probably looking at the ancient walls of a nearby little town. And I thought. What would it have happened if I had been borne during the Middle Age?
Besides the obvious fact that I probably wouldn't have much left to live (I think life expectation was about 40...), what would I have been?
I probably a poor farmer, not even able to read, because most of the people couldn't read then, and I know I don't have noble ancestors.
I'd probably have spent my life working in the fields, having children, and not expecting anything more!

I consider myself a smart person, and I know that my degree and my accomplishments happened because I put an effort to obtain them. It was not easy.
But, what would I have been without the help of the favorable conditions we have nowadays, and of my family? I mean: it's not a given that I am given the possibility to study, move, do whatever I put my mind and my heart to, is it?

I think I should feel very lucky. And do. I am very grateful to all the chances life has donated to me.

Comments

Leanna said…
How lovely it is to take stock of things and realize how lucky you are!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday links

Taking Stock

BDIB - Arm Party!